Getting connected to the church body
One of the best ways to connect to the body is to get involved in ministry. Through this you get to know people, make friends, and serve all at the same time.
As a church, we are always looking for people who are willing to get involved. Part of this process involves connecting people to areas of ministry that they are equipped or suitable for, and that will also bring them joy and fulfillment.
If you have a desire to become involved, some of the areas that are looking for ministry volunteers are:
- Children's Ministry
- Age 2-Gr.5 Sunday School Helpers needed
- Age 2-4 (children's church) helpers
- Age K-Gr.1 (children's church) helpers
- Nursery caregivers
- Nursery Coordinator
- Welcome Table Attendant
- Website Coordinator
- Middle School Ministry
- Grade 7 & 8 Sunday School Teacher (female)
- Provide meals on Tuesdays for Youth Staff (on a rotation list)
- Worship Ministry
- Video Operator
- Powerpoint Operator
- Communion Servers
- Communion Preparation and Cleanup
- Women's Ministry
- Clothing team - join our Clothing Co-ordinator in sorting and displaying clothing donations. Volunteer with a friend and serve together!
- Childcare with a Purpose Needs You! We are looking for 2 adults who understand the love, time and attention children need and would like to join our Wed Refresh program 6:15 - 8:15pm. We have a full time and part time need - this evening involves a mentoring, training, equipping and building in to time. It is focused on helping with life issues through bible stories and chatting, helping with homework, and high energy games supervision, snacks and occassional craft time. Everybody needs someone to care about them....your time is an investment into the life of children aged 1-13 years of age, come join us and bless a child with your care and attention. Please email email@example.com or phone 604.852.1001 if you are interested.
- Email: Rushia@centralheightschurch.com for more information.
- Care Ministry
- Divorce Care for Kids (DC4K) teachers
- Facilitators for Adult Divorce Care
- Support Ministry
- Counting Team Member - 13 Sunday mornings a year.
- Sunday morning services
- Wednesday morning and evening (Women's Ministry)
- Transportation Needed Do you have one hour available on Wed evening from 8:15 - 9:15 to assist in driving our Single moms home from the Wed Refresh program. We have a family of 4 needing a ride to Mission, and possibly one other driver for another family living in Abbotsford. Most of these women take the bus to the program but the night bus schedule finds them waiting at bus stops for 30 - 45 minutes to transfer....we need you! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 604.852.1001 if you are available.
Each of these positions provides opportunity to serve, and also carries responsibilities. In some cases a Criminal Record Check is also legally required.
We desire to put people in positions that they can succeed in, both for the sake of the ministry and for each individual. With an active church involved in many different types of ministry, we have a place that will suit you.
Please fill in your contact information and someone will contact you shortly with more information.